Hysteria for the Apple tablet is running so high that even fake photos can set off a squall of excitement. Tech bloggers know that these photos of the hoped-for tablet are fishy. But, in anticipation of the real thing, many can't help complimenting the ersatz tablet's good looks.
- Ben Parr, Mashable: The first blog to break the leak, Ben Parr admits "Our gut says" the photos aren't authentic. But still, it's worth admiring "these pretty pics."
- Jeremy Toeman, LIVEDigitally: Toeman looks closely at a reflection, and concludes it's false. "Even without the camera, there's literally nothing I can do to get a reflection of my phone onto the glossy screen of the Macbook."
- Adam Frucci, Gizmodo: Frucci also says "we still are pretty certain they're fakes." But it doesn't matter--"what makes them worth checking out is that they look the most like what we're expecting the device to look like than any render we've seen so far."
- Cole Rise, Posterous: Rise does an analysis of the photo, finding a giveaway marker that the "tablet" was superimposed. "Very good fake, but pixels don't lie."
- Charlie Sorrel, Wired: Sorrel compliments the designer, but says the shadows are tell-tale signs of photo manipulation. "Still, it might be my favorite mockup so far, if only because the super-simple slab-like design fits with my idea of what the actual tablet will look like."