Early Wednesday morning, tech guru Jason Calacanis claimed to spill first-hand details about the Apple tablet. The prolific tech blogger and
founder of Weblogs Inc. says he's willingly violating his
non-disclosure agreement with Apple to gush about the "amazing" device.
As of now, it's impossible to verify Calacanis's words. Though he
claims it's "not a joke," he's known to be an "energetic self-promoter."
Whether it's gospel truth or a remarkably detailed, imaginative hoax, here are the most tantalizing revelations about the product he divulged from his Twitter account. Not shying away from superlatives, Calacanis says it's the "best gadget ever made":
- Fingerprint identification: "Apple Tablet has thumbpads on each side for mouse guestures, reads fingerprint for security. Up to 5 profiles by finerprint for family."
- Two Cameras (front and rear): "Yes, there are 2cameras: one in front and one in back (or it may be one with some double lens) so you record yourself and in front of u... Apple tablet's 2 cameras is sick feature for video conferencing: u shoot what's in front of you + yourself. Augmented video conferncing!"
- $599.00 to $799.00 Price Range: The price will be 599, 699 and 799 depending on size and memory in apple tablet. Also, wireless keyboard + monitor connection for tv
- Built-in HDTV tuner and PVR: "The best part ofthe apple tablet as beta user has been the built in HDTV tuner and pvr, and the chess game."
- Sophisticated Gaming: "Apple tablet games are sick. Basically nintendo wii-level innovation... apple tablet connects to other tablets over wifi for gaming. There will be LAN parties with these things, people playingFirst personshooters."
- Solar Pad for Recharging Battery (Doesn't Work Well): Yes, apple tablet is oled + back has solar pad for recharging, but it really doesn't work quickly. More a gimmic.