House of Cards Season Three will involve the NSA — or at least an NSA director — according to a casting notice sent to SAG-AFTRA actors in the Baltimore area, where the show is shot. According to the Baltimore Sun, the show is looking for a male or female aged 45-55 years old of any ethnicity.
Of course, the real NSA chief position was recently vacated by Gen. Keith Alexander, who stepped down in March (and replaced by Michael Rogers) after what was a pretty tough year of defending the spy agency against a series of revelations based on documents from whistleblower Edward Snowden.
For instance: did you know that the NSA has been collecting the audio of virtually every phone conversation going through the Bahamas? It's true! That's a new revelation from earlier on Monday, over at the Intercept.
Anyway, here's the meat of the listing, via the Baltimore Sun. You'll notice that the show is also casting for a series of reporters and editors, which means we have even more of the show's trademark highly-accurate depictions of life as a DC journalist to look forward to:
When: Shooting availability: June 12 -July 15, 2014...
...10:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Monday, May 19 (every 20 minutes)
10 a.m.-6 p.m., Tuesday, May 20 (every 15 minutes)
10 a.m.-4 p.m., Wednesday, May 21 (every 15 minutes)
Seeking performers able to portray the following:
· ER DOCTOR: MALE or FEMALE: 38-43, harried and tired
· REPORTER-SUSAN: FEMALE: 35-55 years old, open ethnicity
· REPORTER-GEOFF: MALE: 35-55 years old, open ethnicity
· PHOTOGRAPHER: MALE: 42-48 years old, open ethnicity. Photography experience essential.
· COLONEL: MALE: 50-60 years old, open ethnicity, military
· NSA DIRECTOR: MALE or FEMALE: 45-55 years old, open ethnicity
· CHAIRMAN: MALE: 50-60 years old, part of senate
· SENATOR TORN: MALE: 58-62 years old, Southern senator
· SENATOR EVERETT: FEMALE: 45-55 years old, academic
· DETECTIVE SMITH: MALE: 35-48 years old, open ethnicity, blue collar.
· BETTE: FEMALE: 32-36 years old , open ethnicity, good with hands, smart, pretty, capable
This post has been updated.