The high-profile political
partnership of former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin and Representative
Michele Bachmann, who both spoke at a Minneapolis rally Wednesday, is
starting to yield some real dividends. And not just for the Republican
party or for the conservative wing they represent. The media could
hardly be happier to have two starlets, especially gaffe-prone starlets,
to cover. And it might even be good for the Democrats as well.
- Read Meat Plus Girl Power The Wall Street Journal's Susan Davis says the pair brings "a lot of red meat and a healthy dose of girl power." Davis reproduces their meatiest and most powerful quotes. From Bachmann: "Take that, liberals," and "You better believe it, baby. Repeal is what this girl is going to be all about after November" and about Palin, "And as absolutely drop dead gorgeous this woman is on the outside, I’m here to testify that she is 20 times more beautiful on the inside." Palin herself said:
I knew that we’d be buddies when I met her when she said, "Drill here, drill now." And then I replied, "Drill, baby, drill" and then we both said, "You betcha!"
- Big Money for Bachmann, GOP The Washington Post's Peter Slevin describes "a rollicking campaign rally that targeted President Obama as weak on national security and doomed to a single term. ... The rally was a lively assault on Democrats in Congress and the White House." Ca-ching: "Heading into a competitive contest this fall, Bachmann had raised more than $1.5 million before the scheduled $10,000-a-plate fundraiser with Palin. (The first $4,800 of each contribution will go to her campaign, and the rest to the state GOP.) Only four House Republicans have raised more."
- They Even Raise Money for Democrats ABC News' Rick Klein reports, "And maybe also to the delight of Democrats. Palin, R-Ala., and Bachmann, R-Minn., have proven to be particularly polarizing figures -- as able to fill Democratic campaign coffers as they are Republican ones."
- Sean Hannity Unable To Contain Self The Fox News host and avowed fan of both Palin and Bachmann simply overflowed with delight, especially when it came to the possibility of his dream ladies running jointly for the White House in 2012:
- What's a 'Pink Elephant'? Balloon Juice's Anne Laurie tries to comprehend Palin's quip that "Someone had better tell Washington that that pink elephant is on the move, and Michele is leading the stampede." Laurie sighs, "I guess spouting nonsense quatrains that can be interpreted to mean whatever one’s deluded followers want to believe this week is a good enough strategy for the New Grifter wing of the Republican party…"
- BFFs in Misinformation True/Slant's David Knowles sighs, "The dynamic duo were in campaign mode yesterday at the Minneapolis Convention Center, site of last year’s Republican National Convention, to drink a little tea, promise to try to repeal the Heath Care Reform Act, and spread more nonsense about the Constitution."