Wronged South Carolina first lady Jenny Sanford is blitzing the media--including Barbara Walters--to promote her new book. All most people can talk about, however, is one detail: that Mark Sanford cut any mention of fidelity from their marriage vows.
This may be the one thing that unites political bloggers more than the Obama-GOP debate. Consensus that this was a "bad sign" is so overwhelming it's quickly becoming a cliche:
- 'Yep, That's Not a Good Sign' - Talking Points Memo's Josh Marshall.
- 'In Retrospect, This Should Have Been a Warning Sign' - Doug Mataconis at Below the Beltway
- 'Sanford's Warning Sign' - Taegan Goddard's Political Wire
- 'Dept. of Warning Signs' - Politico's Ben Smith (who adds "Um" to his preface)
- 'A Bad Sign' - Brad at The Crossed Pond (addition: "Y'think?")
"How'd I do?"
-- South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford, on the phone to his wife after holding a press conference admitting to an extramarital affair.