Bloggers are snickering at liberal agitator Michael Moore's latest stunt, a call to boycott the state of Connecticut if it fails to recall Sen. Joe Lieberman:
People of Connecticut: What have u done 2 this country? We hold u responsible. Start recall of Lieberman 2day or we'll boycott your state.Only problem, as both liberals and conservatives were all too happy to point out, is that it's legally impossible. That's one of many absurdities with the suggestion:
- Connecticut Doesn't Have Recalls Calling Moore a "liberal schlockumentarian," Newsbusters' Noel Sheppard reminds readers that "Connecticut doesn't allow recalls of public officials." Or, in Twitter language, "#cthasnorecallbutthanksforplaying," James Joyner offers at Outside the Beltway.
- More to the Point: Neither Does Congress, point out Eric Kleefeld, Steve Benen, and Meredith Jessup.
- 'Michael Moore to Boycott Constitution' "We all knew Moore was a clown," writes Caleb Howe at RedState.
- Whatever--Let Him Boycott "I think I like this idea," says William Jacobson at Legal Insurrection. "It will cut down on traffic. All the Obamacare-types can take the long way up to the Mass Pike, over to the NY State Thruway, then south to NYC. A mere 6 hour trip, while I'll cruise through in under three hours."
- But Connecticut Has Pizza The boycott will "NEVER work," writes The Moderate Voice's Joe Gandelman, "and probably even Moore won't follow it since New Haven's Pepe's pizza is the best in the world, no matter how much they hate Lieberman." But he's curious: "Will a call for Yalies not to attend classes be far behind ... ? Will this start a new trend? Boycott Utah because you don't like Orrin Hatch."