With the president's announcement that he'd tapped James Comey to run the FBI, the United States government has a new tallest member of the executive branch (at least whose name you might know). In fact, it's been quite a week for people of various heights in the news. Here are our favorites.
From shortest to tallest:
- Kim Kardashian, new mother: 5'3"
- Paula Deen, job-seeker: 5'5"
- Michael Bloomberg, mayor: 5'8"
- Marissa Powell, Miss Utah: 5'8"
- Barack Obama, surveiller: 6'1"
- Arne Duncan, previous tallest executive branch member: 6'5"
- LeBron James, most valuable player: 6'8"
- James Comey, future FBI head: 6'8"
- Tim Duncan, sad person: 6'11"
- James P. Sullivan, monster: 7'6"
We would have included North West, but she would have thrown off the scale.
All photos credited to AP except Sulley, via Pixar.