Barack Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize: He’s Becoming Jimmy Carter Faster Than Jimmy Carter Did. I did not realize the Nobel Peace Prize had an affirmative action quota for it, but that is the only thing I can think of for this news. There is no way Barack Obama earned it in the nominations period.The blowback has been speedy and harsh:
- Mike Madden: "Yeah, Erick, otherwise you'd have won."
- Teresa Kopec: "Red State plays race card on cue."
- Kopec, responding to criticism that liberals ridicule the right: "Yup because of asshats like [Erickson]"
- Adam Serwer: "Erick Erickson wins the wingnut 'obama won the nobel cuz of affirmative action' prize"
- Madden sums up the opposition to Obama's prize: "The Taliban, Hamas and RedState.com."
- Brian Beutler: "It's almost as if [Erickson] doesn't realize there are whole continents of people that aren't majority white."
- Oliver Willis: "Thanks again to racists like [Erickson] for demonstrating why minorities and whites w brains run don't walk away from the right + GOP"
- Media Matters: "RedState's Erickson smears Obama's Nobel Peace Prize"