As the Wire reported yesterday, much of the conservative reaction to the passing of Ted Kennedy--long a political foe to many conservatives--was muted, respectful, or quiet. There have even been tributes, as Republican Senator Orrin Hatch (UT) released a song dedicated to his liberal friend on YouTube. But for others the gloves have come off.
Last night, Andrew Breitbart--founder of the conservative site Big Hollywood and a disciple of Matthew Drudge--loosed a steady stream of vituperation against Kennedy over his Twitter feed. Here's a sampling of his early production:
- Ted Kennedy is the Rosetta Stone of why BIG GOVERNMENT is evil & how BIG MEDIA is its greatest enabler.
- If you cant say something nice about a person then say mean things about them instead. Especially if they are unapologetic manslaughterers.
- This duplicitous bastard spit on GWB's face when he reached across party lines. Twas a grade school trick. Even til the end, he was a prick.
- Lynch: Did you know Ted Kennedy? Did you know anyone who benefited from his help and support? I did. Sen Kenn fought for us.
- Breitbart: And OJ Simpson gave me a polite glance once and Charles Manson makes my license plates. So?
- Lynch: BTW, I'm highly educated, lived in Mass, and voted for Kennedy. I'm not an idiot -I voted for him BECAUSE of my education.
- Breitbart: That's quite a compelling narrative. Throw in basic morality and you are a whole being!
- Lynch: I hope one day you have enough happiness that it crowds out your bitterness, cynicism and anger. I wish you well.
- Breitbart: My bitterness, cynicism & anger is isolated to leftist worship of false prophets who rule over our lives & create MORE harm.
- Breitbart: Ill grant him
Skakelian complexities beyond comprehension. But I dont see whats so
impressive with mispending others' $ for two score years.
- Breitbart:gnight. cant stand him. am usually lighthearted to a fault. he turned me right almost singlehandedly. i was bound to erupt.