Two large explosions targeting military units in the Syrian city of Aleppo went off on Friday, as shelling and mayhem continue throughout the country. Syrian state TV said two military security headquarters were the targets of the blasts, and that 25 people have been killed and 175 more wounded. Officials blamed "terrorists" for the attacks, as well for setting "booby traps" throughout the city of Homs. According to the BBC, a spokesperson for Free Syrian Army has taken credit for the attacks. (UPDATE: The BBC now says there are conflicting reports on responsibility as different FSA spokesmen have both called it a "military operation" by their side and blamed it on the regime, saying, "Suspicious activity by security personnel had been noticed shortly before the blasts.") 

No matter who is responsible for the bombings, it will surely provide the government with further pretext to continue its own bombing campaign in Homs and elswhere.

Aleppo, which is Syria's most populous city, has been a government stronghold for most of the 11-month uprising and has seen relatively little violence or protesting. Just one day ago, however, The Los Angeles Times reported that pro-regime sentiment has begun to waver as the violence and unrest take its toll on residents everywhere. 

In Homs, the violence shows no sign of slowing down as artillery shelling and rockets continue to decimate the city and keep the opposition pinned down. Activists in that city say that medical supplies, food, and other necessities like heating oil are dwindling, as people are afraid to leave their homes. The week-long siege by government forces has cut off supplies and communications and the situation is becoming more grave every day. Reports say as many 110 people were killed in Homs on Thursday, though the numbers are impossible to confirm due to the continued shelling, and may be even higher than reported.

Meanwhile, activists continue to plead for Western assistance via the only communication really available to them: YouTube. One of the popular documenters on the ground is Danny Dayem, a British citizen of Syrian decent who has been posting videos of the carnage in Homs in an effort to draw attention to the brutality. A recent video posted by Danny shows leveled buildings and wounded children, as he pleads with Americans to step in.