The trailer for Will Ferrell's IFC miniseries The Spoils of Babylon—a parody of miniseries adaptations of sprawling novels—is ridiculous. How ridiculous is it? Let's us enumerate some of the ways.
1. Tobey Maguire has this goatee. (Relatedly, Tobey Maguire is in this.)
2. Kristen Wiig in a wedding dress alongside Michael Sheen (we think?) in a pink suit holding a cat.
3. Three words: Haley. Joel. Osment.
4. Tim Robbins with long blond hair in the desert.
5. Maguire's Bob Dylan phase.
6. HALEY JOEL OSMENT.
7. Jessica Alba's face plunging into water.
8. Wiig's various hairstyles. Including, but not limited to:
9. This random girl crying.
10. The title card.
The high concept joke behind all of this is that Ferrell plays Eric Jonrosh, the author of the novel The Spoils of Babylon, which has been turned into a miniseries. According to Karen Valby of Entertainment Weekly, the book follows the Morehouse clan, including the patriarch (Robbins), the daughter (Wiig), and the adopted son (Maguire). Watch he full trailer here: