Sunday night's Golden Globes promise to be a good show, if for no other reason than the brilliant paring of Amy Poehler and Tina Fey as hosts. But the ceremony always tends to be a looser affair than the stuffy Oscars because, well, it's boozier. (In Fey's words it's a "sloppy, loud party.") The guests are served alcohol, which means you might as well be drinking, too. Matthew Belloni of The Hollywood Reporter talked with the hosting duo and asked if they had any suggestions for a Globes drinking game. Here are their rules.
Per Fey, drink when:
- "An actress cries in a speech."
- "You see a person actively not listening to someone onstage."
Per Poehler, drink when:
- "Any time someone says, 'I didn’t prepare anything!'"
- "Any time Maggie Smith wins." (Poehler said this just after Fey suggested taking an item of clothing off any time Judi Dench is shown. We're going to figure she means drink, but if you want to get wild go with the stripping too. You could get pretty naked. Smith is both nominated for her work in Quartet and Downton Abbey.)
And a bonus challenge from Fey:
- "Any time anyone thanks Harvey Weinstein, eat a meatball sub."
Should we order that with extra bread, Tina?