Welcome to the Smart Set. Every morning we bring you the gossip coverage, filtered. Today: Martha Stewart's daughter has written a tell-all memoir, the Obamas celebrated their anniversary early, and Christoph Waltz suffers the year's most painful sounding injury.
- Martha Stewart made her daughter wrap her own Christmas presents. She also would never close the door when she went to the bathroom. These are among the charges Stewart's now 46 year-old daughter Alexis makes in her memoir Whateverland, which comes out October 18. And while Alexis writes that she "grew up with a glue gun pointed at my head," she still dedicated the book to her mother. [Gatecrasher]
- Christoph Waltz was supposed to attend the premiere of Roman Polanski's new film Carnage at the New York film festival Friday night, but was a no-show. Representatives for the actor blamed a painful-sounding dislocated pelvis, which the actor suffered while "training with horses" for the new Quentin Tarantino movie Django Unchained, for the absence. [Page Six]
- Monday is officially the Obamas 19th wedding anniversary, but the couple celebrated early with dinner at Restaurant Eve in Alexandria, Virginia, on Saturday night. Earlier in the evening the president was the keynote speaker at the annual dinner for the Human Rights Campaign, the nation's largest gay rights group. Also attending the gala dinner at the Washington Convention Center: Modern Family's Jesse Tyler Ferguson as well as Sarah Jessica Parker, who introduced New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg. [The Reliable Source]
- Labels Warner and Island Def Jam have reportedly already expressed an interest in signing Shakira when her contract with Epic expires. She's expected to start taking meetings with record executives "early next year," but a source adds "her next move will be worked out in partnership with Live Nation, with whom she signed a 10-year, $100 million touring contract in 2008. [Page Six]
- Rick Perry's campaign manager Rob Johnson joined Twitter Saturday. His first two tweets were about Southern Methodist University football. (Johnson went to SMU, he notes in his Twitter biography. He also has "a wife, two kids, and a dog.") [Playbook]
- A sex tape from 1991 featuring Tupac Shakur has surfaced. TMZ was given a copy of the tape and has all the details, including an unexpected cameo by Money B from the Digital Underground. They also report "the person in possession of the tape is making plans to release it." [TMZ]
- X-Men actor James Marsden and wife Lisa Linde "couldn’t have looked less like a couple undergoing a divorce as they swung their son in the arms together [over the weekend]," in the estimation of The Daily Mail. Linde filed for divorce from Marsden on September 22, citing irreconcilable differences. [The Daily Mail]