Welcome to the Smart Set. Every morning we bring you the gossip coverage, filtered. Today: American reporters brawl in Beijing, Amber Tamblyn and David Cross are getting hitched, and Kim Kardashian's wedding will be a no-date affair.
- Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants star Amber Tamblyn, 28, is engaged to 47-year-old David Cross, whose creative contributions to cult comedy staples Mr. Show and Arrested Development will be cherished as long as there is laughter, and college students willing to skip class to rewatch episodes they've already seen 25 times before. The pair has been dating since 2009, when they attended the White House Correspondents Dinner together. It's the first marriage for both. [US]
- Don't plan on bringing a date to Kim Kardashian's wedding to NBA player Kris Humphries on Saturday. Along with uninviting a rumored 50 guests she's "also instituted a strict 'no plus-one' policy" for her big day. [Page Six]
- Jennifer Lopez maintained her diva reputation on the Atlanta set of her upcoming film What To Expect When You're Expecting. Reportedly, she "wouldn't talk to anyone directly" on the set, making them go "through her handler" if they wanted to discuss something with her. [Gatecrasher]
- Comedian Pauly Shore supposedly "stormed out" of an Upper West Side comedy club Monday night after seeing a fellow comedian flirting with his girlfriend, according to the comedian who was flirting with Shore's girlfriend. A representative for the nominal star of Jury Duty denied that Shore left the club huff. "Pauly loved working at Stand Up NY," explained the rep. "He had a great experience at the club. He just had to rush out of there because we had him booked on Fox & Friends with an early call time." [Page Six]
- New York magazine senior online editor Chris Rovzar is moving to Vanity Fair's Web site vf.com where he'll serve as digital editor. According to Women's Wear Daily, Rovzar has been a point person on New York’s flagship blog, Daily Intel" during his four years at the publication. He'll reportedly start at Vanity Fair in mid-September. [WWD]