Welcome to the Smart Set. Every morning we bring you the gossip coverage, filtered. Today: Carey Mulligan may be getting married, Drew Barrymore now directs music videos and Sacha Baron Cohen and family find a new home.
- Carey Mulligan is engaged? Us magazine is reporting that the Oscar-nominated actress is set to marry singer Marcus Mumford from the band Mumford & Sons. Vulture says publicists haven't confirmed. [Us]
- Sacha Baron Cohen and wife Isla Fisher have new digs. Their new Battery Park apartment complex features "features a David Rockwell-designed lobby, lap pool, gym, views of the Hudson River" and a neighbor in Leonardo Dicaprio. [Page Six]
- Not to be outdone by Universal and Relativity, Disney is making moves in creating its own Snow White reboot, The Order of The Seven, by naming visual effects guru Michael Gracey as its director. The project, which Disney began in 2002 promises to be "a bit more on Snow’s seven companions, who aren't as cute and jolly as in the 1937 classic Disney animated film," and has "had scripts by writers ranging from Michael Chabon to Jayson Rothwell,." Sub out dwarves for "a band of seven international warriors" and think of Snow White as "an Englishwoman being chased be an ancient evil." [The Hollywood Reporter]
- Was Amy Winehouse a Coldplay fan? Coldplay frontman Chris Martin paid tribute to the late singer and sang parts of Winehouse's "Rehab" chorus during the band's Los Angeles concert yesterday. [YouTube]
- Jerry Lewis has ended his run as the Muscular Dystrophy Association's national chairman and will not be hosting this year's telethon. Last week Lewis "slammed reality television shows like American Idol and The Biggest Loser." This year's hosts? American Idol producer Nigel Lythgoe and Biggest Loser host Allison Sweeney. [Entertainment Weekly]
- Surf rockers Best Coast tapped Drew Barrymore to direct their video for "Our Deal" which premiered on MTV (online) yesterday. Barrymore featured young stars like Chloe Moretz from Kick Ass and Arrested Development's Alia Shakwat in a West Side Stor-meets-The Warriors vignette. [MTV]
- Sarah Palin--You Betcha! will be heading to the Toronto Film Festival. The film is described as "a journey across the icy mid-winter snows of Alaska to meet her school friends, family, and Republican colleagues, to try and discover the real Sarah Palin." [Vulture]