The Jay Leno-Conan O'Brien clash of comic anchors--of which the Atlantic Wire has covered Parts One, Two, Three, Four, and Five, complete with video--has moved to Twitter. Squads of self-declared fans are waging battle at a greater length--and greater intensity--than many health care debates. Here, the Wire aggregates the choicer tidbits from Leno fans, Conan fans, and Tweeters wishing both would just hush up.
- norahcarroll: "Confession: I DON'T THINK CONAN IS FUNNY"
- judypdi "Best quiz ever! Let BuzzFeed help you find out if you are #TeamCoCo or #TeamLeno - http://bit.ly/6kL5BU
- Outside of Twitter, Comedians Chime In Paul Reiser, Mad About You Star, writes in The Huffington Post about "trying to explain the politics of the entertainment industry to a nine-year old"--he and his family support Leno. Jerry Seinfeld praises NBC for the shakeup, and says he doesn't think the network did any irreparable damage to Conan O'Brien.
- uzworm: "Let's put it this way, #teamconan has hot redheads. #teamleno has nobody that you can actually tell the original hair color OF"
- NarbYehoot: "Did you catch Leno last night? Weren't those jabs on OJ and Lewinski hilarious? Just like they were 17 YEARS AGO."
- weheartconan: "Jay Leno not only clubs baby seals but uses their blood as motor oil http://www.jaylenoisadick.com"
- Hank_Thompson: "I hope some of those reporters on their way to Haiti ask residents if they're on #TeamConan or #TeamLeno."