Whatever you're doing this afternoon, you should carve out at least a few minutes to check out Social Network screenwriter Aaron Sorkin's just-posted Interview magazine interview with New York Times media columnist David Carr. As one might expect given the participants, it's a free-wheeling conversation that includes, but is not limited to, the following subjects:
- Each man's struggle to stay sober
- Citizen journalists ("I don’t want one any more than I want a citizen doctor," says Sorkin, which sounds familiar)
- The past, present, and future of the New York Times
- Carr's appearance in the Andrew Rossi documentary Page One
- Carr's description of his college major ("Frisbee and smoking doobies").
And if you want more of Sorkin's thoughts on the media, might we suggest this?